Restylane has been beneficial to make people worldwide look good and feel good for over 25 years with 50+ million treatments. It is a dermal filler that treats fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. In fact, Restylane fillers are the first FDA-approved HA-based injectable on the market and one of the most popular filler brands to restore lost volume and elasticity to the skin.
What Makes Restylane Effective Against Signs of Aging?
The magic behind Restylane rests in its primary active ingredient, which is Hyaluronic Acid (HA). HA is a naturally-occurring substance found in the human body. Its job is to attract moisture and keep it in the spaces between cells.
Advancements in medical technology allowed doctors to inject a synthetic form of the substance to fill the volume within the skin. Once beneath the wrinkled skin, the hyaluronic acid in the Restylane gel will attract water and keep it under the skin. The moisture will plumpen that area and fill the spaces between the muscles and the skin, smoothening wrinkles and lines.
How Does Restylane Work?
Restylane is based on hyaluronic acid, which has a capacity for high water retention. When hyaluronic acid is injected into the skin, the increased moisture helps volumize sunken facial features, fill in wrinkles and folds and smooth the skin. In addition, HA also increases the production of collagen, one of the skin’s main building blocks.
What Are The Different Products Under The Restylane Fillers?
Below is the complete Restylane line of products, which includes:
- Restylane Refyne. This product is designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by correcting age-related volume loss that can create deeper creases in the skin.
- Restylane Kysse. This dermal lip filler can enhance the look and feel of the lips, providing a luscious pout.
- Restylane Lyft. A hyaluronic acid filler treatment tailored explicitly for use on the midface, around the jowls, chin, mouth, and hands, stimulating healthy volume restoration.
- Restylane Contour. Primarily designed for cheek augmentation, this FDA-approved hyaluronic acid gel filler aims to correct lost volume and elasticity in the midface.
- Restylane Skin Boosters. This is a method to nourish and hydrate the skin without the need for downtime. It uses cutting-edge NASHA (Non-Animal Stabilized Hyaluronic Acid) technology to naturally integrate into the skin and improve the skin texture, elasticity, and smoothness of the skin surface in patients of a wide variety of skin types, ages, and genders.
- Restylane Defyne. It is a hyaluronic acid formulation with unique XpresHAn cross-linking technology to reduce the appearance of moderate-to-severe nasolabial folds (smile lines), frown lines, and marionette lines.
- Restylane for Chin. It improves the appearance of a “weak” or recessed chin through the long-lasting Restylane Defyne formulation.
- Restylane for Under Eyes. This is used to restore volume in the tear troughs, which can help reduce the appearance of under-eye hollows.
What Benefits Do Restylane Fillers Offer?
Restylane is a well-tolerated dermal filler derived from hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in skin and muscle tissues. Considering that hyaluronic acid naturally occurs in the body, most people have no sensitivity issues or allergic reactions and can be treated without pre-treatment sensitivity testing. Below are its known benefits:
Restylane is extremely versatile.
This great dermal filler can add volume to many facial areas, such as crepey skin on hands and feet and sagging earlobes. Restylane injections are ideal for adding volume to hollows under the eyes, smile, marionette, and nasolabial folds. Aside from these, it is also great for adding definition and fullness to thinning lips.
Restylane lasts a long time.
Restylane results after injections occur immediately and can last from six months to one year. However, the results will last depending on the treated area and the metabolism speed. That said, Restylane makes a very affordable option among dermal fillers, as it lasts almost twice as long as others, and fewer touch-ups are needed.
Restylane is safe.
The FDA-approved Restylane has a very low risk of side effects or complications. This is because the gel is composed of hyaluronic acid that acts like the same naturally occurring substance found in the bodies.
Results are natural-looking.
Restylane injections do not affect or “freeze” facial expressions, making for a much more natural look than other fillers.
What To Expect From This Treatment?
The chosen medical provider will explain how to prepare for the treatment during the initial consultation. They may recommend discontinuing blood thinners and other medications and supplements. In addition, patients will also be advised not to drink alcohol a few days before the treatment.
The medical provider will start by cleansing the treatment area, marking the injection sites, and administering the Restylane product during the treatment. Most Restylane products contain lidocaine to numb the pain, but if the patient has a low pain tolerance, the medical provider can apply a numbing cream to the treatment area. After the injection of Restylane, the treated area will be massaged to ensure that the filler is distributed evenly and doesn’t form lumps.
Overall, the injection takes several minutes. In fact, the whole procedure only takes between 15 and 60 minutes. Typically, below are what medical providers advise their patients to follow following the treatment:
- Avoid blood-thinning medication and supplements.
- Avoid strenuous exercise.
- Don’t rub, pick, or scratch the area being treated.
- Keep away from the sun and heat.
- Stay hydrated.
- Take pain-relief medication if needed.
What Are The Possible Risks Of Restylane?
Since Restylane is an FDA-approved filler, so it’s safe as long as a licensed medical professional administers it. However, below are mild side effects that usually occur after the treatment, which include:
- Pain at the injection site
In addition, serious but rare side effects may also include:
- Allergic reaction
- Impaired hand function
- Vision problems
If the above symptoms become serious, it is advised to contact the medical provider immediately.
Who Should Not Receive The Restylane Filler Treatment?
Although Restylane fillers are safe for most healthy adults, the following conditions pose a risk to having the procedure:
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Allergies to bacterial proteins
- Skin infections
- Bleeding disorders
- Previous surgeries
How Long Does Restylane Last?
The treatment results should be visible almost immediately, although a bit of swelling may initially disguise them. Restylane and Restylane L dissolve slowly over time and generally last between six to nine months, depending on the number of syringes and the areas injected.
Restylane Lyft lasts longer, up to one year in duration, as it is a thicker hyaluronic acid filler than the original Restylane-L. Restylane Kysse for lips lasts up to twelve months, and Restylane Silk for up to one year.
The Bottom Line
Restylane offers a broad range of non-animal hyaluronic acid-based products consisting of Restylane fillers and skin boosters used to restore, refresh, and improve the skin. Belle Visage offers Restylane, an FDA-approved injectable, to correct deep and fine wrinkles, add volume, and restore fullness to the face to produce overall skin rejuvenation and a more youthful appearance. At Belle Visage, the right injector and the perfect product are the keys to the natural-looking results you’ve been looking for.